Pool Related Rules and Regulations
USE OF POOL
- Children shall not be allowed in the deep end of the pool until they have passed the basic swim test. Children who have not passed the shallow end test may not use the main pool unless an adult or sitter is in the pool with the child.
- The swim tests will be given by the lifeguard on duty. Requirements for the basic test shall be a swimming style stroke of strong kick and overhead stroke; the candidate must swim twenty-five (25) yards and then tread water for one minute; final approval remains within the discretion of the lifeguard on duty or the Club Manager should a question arise.
- The shallow end test requires the ability to swim without assistance from a person or flotation device the width of the pool.
- The use of the Kiddy pool and play area shall be limited to children under 8 years of age.
- No running, horseplay, or physical games allowed in the pool.
- No littering allowed. Members are responsible for cleaning up their trash and belonging before they leave the club.
- Swim diapers required for any child not potty trained.
- No diving in the shallow end of the pool or in any area marked "NO DIVING."
- Members and guests should shower before entering pool.
- Children under the age of 10 must be supervised by an adult.
- Suitable swimming clothes should be worn to enter the pool.
- No soaps or similar materials are allowed in the pool.
- No glass is allowed, including beer and wine bottles. This rule is in effect during guarded and non-guarded hours.
- Anyone with infectious or contagious disease or skin complaint must not enter the water. Swimmers may not have open wounds, sores, or infections.
- Report all injuries to the lifeguard no matter how small.
- Report all incidences of illness or accidents to the lifeguard.
Pool Conduct Rules:
- No running on concrete
- No spitting on the decks or in the water.
- Profanity, vulgarity, or improper behavior will not be tolerated.
- Smoking is not allowed anywhere within the gates of the pool premises.
- For your own safety do not swim alone.
- Do not pretend to be in distress.
- Chewing gum is not allowed in the pool.
- No playing on ladders, stairs, ropes, lifeguard chair, or with rescue equipment.
- No flipping off the side
- No flotation devices in the deep end
- Verbal warning.
- The lifeguard has the authority to temporarily suspend pool privileges.
- Suspension. An incident report will be submitted to the General Manager and the Board of Directors.
Diving Board Rules:
- Only one person at a time on the diving boards.
- The next diver must wait on the ground until the person ahead of her has left the board.
- The diver on the board may not leave the board until the person ahead of him has reached the ladder
- Divers must swim to the ladder on the side of the pool closest to the board from which they jumped.
- Divers should leave the boards straight off the ends
- No handstands, cartwheels or sitting on the ends of the boards
- Only one bounce on the ends of the boards
- No back flips or backwards entry into the water
- Swimmers should not swim in front of or underneath the slide.
- Only one person at a time on the slide.
- The next person in line must wait at the bottom of the ladder until the person in front of them has left the slide.
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
- The pools will remain open in rain unless it rains hard enough that the guards cannot see the bottom.
Thunder and Lightning:
- The pool will close immediately in the case of thunder and lightning and will re-open at the discretion of the head lifeguard or the Manager on duty. (National Safety Lightening Institute and the American Red Cross re commend a 20 minute wait before returning to the pool). People should be directed to remain under the awning by the locker rooms.
Specified eating areas are:
- The patio adjoining the snack bar.
- The patio under the awning by the locker rooms.
- The picnic grove in the cookout area
- The grassy area next to the main pool behind the fence
- Food and beverages (except water) must be consumed in the designated eating areas and may not be brought into the kiddy and pool areas.
- All members and guests are expected to keep such areas clean. Parents are responsible for seeing that their children properly dispose of litter.